Jun 1, 2007

Grandchildren

I miss my eldest granddaughter, and have never yet met my youngest one. They live over 1500 miles away. For security reasons I will not reveal their names. Their mother was from the love between my first wife and I. Her daughters are both miracles to her because of her condition that should have made it difficult to have children at all.

As far away as they are, they are both near to my heart, and I wonder if I will ever get to see them again. I also fear not being close to my dad when his final days are over. As he ages and has dementia, and as he may have his prostate cancer back, I am trying to move back closer to both my parents. To do that means giving up a job that I hate anyway, but more than that it means trying at the age of 50 to find another one that I can handle for the next 20 years. What I'd like is ownership in a business, but I have no experience in that realm.

No comments: